Answered By: Daniel Becker Last Updated: Apr 02, 2020 Views: 32
Answered By: Daniel Becker
Last Updated: Apr 02, 2020 Views: 32
Harvard Library has several paid subscriptions for social science, business, and economic data on China. Some good resources are listed below:
- China Data Online
- provides statistical information from the National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China in English.
- includes the China Geo-Explorer, which integrates different data sources from government statistics, population census and economics census of China at different levels (province, city, county, township and ZIP code) into a spatial system.
- China Statistical Yearbooks Database
- covers census and other survey data from various Chinese publishers.
- includes both national and local statistics.
- CEIC (only accessible to visitors at Harvard's Baker Library)
- macroeconomic, industrial, and financial time series for China and other countries.
Other Harvard Library Research Guides
- Harvard Yenching Research Guide for Chinese Studies
- Extensive list of all Harvard Library Resources related to Chinese research. Includes links to newspaper and academic article subscriptions (many in Chinese)
- Harvard Baker Library's China Research Guide
- Focus on business research on China. Combination of free and subscription resources.