Answered By: Keely Wilczek Last Updated: Oct 18, 2022 Views: 1287
Access to PAEs is limited to members of the Harvard community. If you are not a member of the Harvard community and would like to access a PAE, please email email@example.com.
To discover PAEs, go to HOLLIS.
- Enter "policy analysis exercise" using quotes to find a list of all PAEs.
- Add additional search terms like an author's name, keywords to locate a specific topic, or a date. See bottom of this page for searching by client name.
- For PAEs authored from 2011-2019, you can limit your search results to a specific HKS academic area (BGP, IGA, etc.) by adding the academic area abbreviation as a keyword.
HKS affiliates can also access PAE Samples in KNet.
Access methods by publication date:
- 2020-present PAEs - Available digitally through HOLLIS here: PAEs Online
- Pre-2020 PAEs - Request a print copy through HOLLIS for in-library use at LRS.
PAEs from 1970-1994 are bound by year of publication with authors listed in alphabetical order. When you find a PAE in HOLLIS from this time period:
- Go into the record and click on the link under Get It.
- Within this new record, find the volume you need by locating the date and author range under the Description column.
- Click on “request item” to the right of the volume.
Your requested item will be delivered to the HKS Library in 1-2 business days. See the screenshots below for assistance or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps 2 and 3:
Searching for Past Clients
Client information is recorded in HOLLIS beginning in 2006. If you want to check if an individual or organization has been a client in the past, you can search past PAEs in HOLLIS:
- Open this search: Policy Analysis Exercise search
- Type the client name into the second search bar.
- Click on the result(s) and verify client information by checking the Notes field.
If no PAEs result from your search, the individual or organization has not been a client within the past 15 years.