Answered By: Daniel Becker Last Updated: Jul 29, 2022 Views: 8
If you can't see the Zotero icon in Chrome, try the following:
- Click on the jigsaw puzzle piece icon in your Chrome toolbar.
- Click on the pushpin icon next to "Zotero Connector" to pin the Zotero icon to the toolbar. (The pushpin should turn blue.)
If you don't see the Zotero Connector extension listed when clicking on the jigsaw icon, check if you have installed the Zotero Connector in your browser:
- Click on the jigsaw icon again, then go to "Manage Extensions," on the bottom of the popup.
- If you cannot find this, you can also go to the Chrome menu > More tools > Extensions.
- Scroll down the Zotero Connector extension. (Extensions should be sorted alphabetically.)
- Toggle the extension slider to the on position; it should turn blue. You may now have to repeat the steps with the jigsaw icon listed above.
- If you frequently use incognito mode in Chrome, also click on the "Details" for the extension and toggle "Allow in Incognito" to on on the next screen.
If you don't see the Zotero Connector in your list of extensions at all, you will need to reinstall it:
- Go to zotero.org/download.
- Click on "Install Chrome Connector" on the right. This will direct you to the Zotero Connector page on the Chrome Web Store.
- Click "Add to Chrome."
- Confirm any popups.
- Follow the instructions for pinning the Zotero icon to the Chrome toolbar above.
If none of this works, please contact your HKS librarians for troubleshooting assistance.