Answered By: Valerie Weis Last Updated: Jan 19, 2018 Views: 11
Answered By: Valerie Weis
Last Updated: Jan 19, 2018 Views: 11
Resources related to US government spending are listed below:
- Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- Independent agency under Congress that investigates how the federal government spends taxpayer dollars. Includes reports and testimony.
- Census of Governments
- Published every five years (in years ending in 7 and 2.) This U.S. Census Bureau resource provides statistics on state and local government expenditures, liabilities, revenue and debt.
- US Department of Treasury, Tax Policy Resource Center
- Provides estimates for the President's budget, fiscal policy decisions, and cash management decisions.
- A US Government website that gathers contract, grant, loan, and other financial assistance awards by federal agencies. Data can be downloaded in bulk and accessed through API. You can also search the data by recipient name, state, zip code and Congressional district.