Answered By: Valerie Weis Last Updated: Jan 19, 2018 Views: 0
Both the U.S. Federal Executive and Congressional branches play an important role in the budget and appropriations process. Learn more about the legislative process in this CRS Report.
Below are listed some key resources for budget and appropriations data and reports:
- Office of President, Office of Management & Budget
- Includes President's current budget and historic budget tables, and interactive tool for mapping budget of executive agencies.
- Budget of the United States (1996-present)
- Congressional Budget Office (CBO)
- Federal agency that conducts independent analysis of budgetary and economic issues to support the Congressional budget process. Major publications include Budget and Economic Outlook and Long-Term Budget Outlook.
- US Department of Treasury, Tax Policy Resource Center
- Provides estimates for the President's budget, fiscal policy decisions, and cash management decisions.