Answered By: Valerie Weis Last Updated: Jun 07, 2017 Views: 11
Access Foundation Directory Online (Use your Chrome browser) to identify grantmakers and grant recipients. Search options in Foundation Directory include:
- Search Grantmakers - Search funder profiles to identify program areas, geographic focus, limitations, application information and board meeting dates.
- Search Grants - Find out everything you need to know about a funder's giving and narrow by funder or grant recipient's location.
Use the fields of interest box to narrow your search by program areas (click on the view index link to identify programs). In the keyword search box use boolean operators like AND or OR for multiple terms.
Use Guidestar Premium to:
- search for more detailed information about specific grantors/grantees including programs and results, and important financial and operations information.
- identify organizations in the nonprofit sector by geography, cause area(s) and financial criteria. To access these search options, select the search option at the top of the page.
- View our Philanthropy and Social Innovation Research Guide, which includes additional databases for researching nonprofit organizations.
- When researching a nonprofit organization, be sure to visit that organization's web site as it will contain useful news, publications and descriptions about initiatives and programs that are being funding by the organization.