Answered By: Valerie Weis Last Updated: Dec 19, 2017 Views: 34
Yes, the Plum Book. It is published every four years shortly after presidential elections. Listings contain jobs by department, the type of appointment for each position, names of current incumbents in many of the positions, and salary levels.
It contains the following positions:
- Executive Schedule and salary-equivalent positions paid at the rates established for levels I through V of the Executive Schedule;
- Senior Executive Service (SES) “General” positions;
- Senior Foreign Service positions;
- Schedule C positions excepted from the competitive service by the President, or by the Director, Office of Personnel Management, because of the confidential or policy-determining nature of the position duties; and
- Other positions at the GS-14 and above level excepted from the competitive civil service by law because of the confidential or policy-determining nature of the position duties.